I’m lucky and fortunate in so many ways. One of the aspects of my life where I consider myself blessed…is that I’m surrounded by great people. I have a core group of friends who I would trust with my life…and talk to them on the phone several times a week. The phone…yes. I’m lucky that these people are only a phone call away. In person…while I am a news reporter and am around people all the time…I don’t get to interact with friends in person as much as I’d like. My person to person interaction (on a daily basis) consists of five souls. I say “souls”…because one is a bird.
1. Brendan: I have THE BEST boyfriend in the world. Brendan is amazing in every way. To be honest, I don’t know what I’d do without him. I cherish every minute I spend with him…it sounds cheesey, yes, but that’s the way it is. He’s my person.
2. Leslie: Leslie is Brendan’s live in resident. That sounds really impersonal though…Leslie has become family to me. He doesn’t talk with words…but we have conversations. He’s become a big part of my life and I’m glad he’s part of my five.
3. Tom: The person I spend the most time with…my photographer. I’m surprised he hasn’t gotten sick of me at this point. We spend 45-50 hours a week together, most of that time is in a car. He’s part of “Team CPAN”.
4. Kristina: The other part of “Team CPAN”, Kristina and I spend a lot of time together at the office. I really don’t know what I’d do without her or Tom. They make my work days so much more enjoyable. Kristina has a positive view on life that is unlike anyone else I interact with. It’s refreshing.
5. Cinnamon: The only non-human on this list. My cockatiel. The time I am not spending with the other four people on this list…is spent with Cinnamon. He’s small but fierce…and the best listener I’ve ever met. He’s also a talker…so it’s not like I’m talking to myself. Best. Pet. Ever.
Don’t get me wrong. I have friends out here in Lewisburg…WONDERFUL friends. I just don’t see them as much as I’d like.